Environmental Policy Statement
Hiland believes in protecting the environment by being a good corporate citizen, being committed to sound environmental management practices and being committed to operating its business as a good steward of the environment dedicated to environmental protection.
Hiland will accomplish the following objectives at all operating location to support its Environmental Policy.
- Operate its facilities in an environmentally sound manner.
- Promote the use of safe technologies and operational practices to minimize our impact on the environment.
- Openly communicate and cooperate with the environmental regulatory agencies.
- Provide employees with the necessary training, procedures and motivation to assure compliance with environmental regulations that affect their daily jobs.
- Maintain an effective pollution prevention program, minimize the generation of wastes, reduce and recycle materials, and to dispose of wastes in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Respond immediately to emergencies and minimize any adverse impacts.
- Be a good corporate citizen by responding to concerns of the local community and public.
- Implement best practices to promote environmental stewardship and operational excellence.
- Operate its facilities in compliance with federal, state and local environmental standards.
Safety Policy Statement
Hiland Partners considers the health and safety of our employees, our customers and the public to be of paramount importance. We believe no operational priority or service commitment can ever justify endangering the life, safety or health of anyone.
To support Hiland Partners' safety philosophy, we will manage our business operations according to the following principles:
Hiland Partners will comply with all applicable safety and health regulations.
Hiland Partners will implement safety and health processes designed to continuously improve our safety performance.
To that end, the processes will:
- Encourage a personal commitment to safety and health for everyone at all times.
- Foster enthusiasm, employee ownership, and pride for innovative and proactive safety initiatives.
- Create an understanding that safety is a priority that will never be compromised.
- Recognize group and individual achievements for safety and health initiatives.
Hiland Partners will provide routine program evaluations to assure effectiveness and provide feedback for continuous safety and health improvement.
To that end, evaluations will:
- Focus on the root causes of occupational injuries, illnesses and near-miss incidents and implement plans to prevent reoccurrence.
- Monitor the safety performance of contractors.
Hiland Partners believes safety excellence is critical to our employees success and the success of the company.
To that end, Hiland Partners employees will:
- Question any practice, procedure or situation that could adversely impact our operations.